Skip to main content

Union, Westfield & Woodbridge NJ Auto Insurance services

By February 26, 2017July 17th, 2018Personal Insurance

If you own or drive a vehicle in Cranford NJ, East Brunswick NJ, Edison NJ, Kenilworth NJ, New Jersey or Old Bridge you are legally required to carry some amount of auto insurance. This might just be in the form of liability insurance, but it is compulsory. If you are caught without auto insurance you will find yourself on the unpleasant side of the law. It might even be ordered to obtain SR 22 certification –  not the kind of certification that will help your career.

Liability coverage is an important part of auto insurance. However, it only covers damages to others. That is why it is also called third party insurance or balance of third party insurance. Other important auto insurance coverages include collision damage and comprehensive coverage.

The possibility of a road accident is probably the biggest risk you face when driving a car, truck or motorcycle. Liability coverage won’t cover your own damages or medical costs. To cover your own vehicle’s damages related to a road accident, you need collision insurance. If you don’t have collision coverage you will need to pay for your car repairs yourself. If you can’t afford it, well you will be without a car. Collision insurance is not expensive and it is not worth the risk of driving without it.

Other possible damage such as storm damage, loss of valuables, auto theft and vandalism can be covered under comprehensive car insurance. You may also want to think about coverage for consequential losses such as road side assistance and temporary car hire.

Medical coverage is another important thing to consider. If you are injured in a car accident the medical costs are likely to be high. You want to be sure you have proper cover, be it a personal injury protection plan or some other medical insurance.

American Insurance will advise you as to the best coverages for your circumstances.